Friday, June 25, 2010

Good!


Abraham says that while we are sleeping we are not doing any attracting. While we are awake we are always attracting, either positive things or negative things. Sleep erases the attraction cycle, and when we awaken in the morning we start again from scratch.

Abraham suggests we seize the opportunity to start each day off with positive attraction by declaring that "The only thing that matters is that I feel good," and that today we will attract only good and positive things into our experience.

Huston Smith, renowned religious scholar, has been doing something like this for 70 years. In his autobiography, Tales of Wonder, he writes:

"In college, one of my jobs was opening the school cafeteria at 6:30 a.m. However, I didn't own an alarm clock. Another student left the boarding house at six, so I asked him to wake me. Recently, he reminded me that I awoke the same way every morning. I would shoot bolt upright in bed, stretch out my arms and yell, "Good!" I may wake up differently today, but I still say under my breath, a loud good to the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment